Poppy trained at the Webber Douglas Academy.
She has played regulars in Mapp & Lucia, House of Anubis, Goldplated, Red Cap, The Commander and Attachments. Other notable screen credits include The Second Best Marigold Hotel, A Song For Jenny and Endeavour.
Poppy has worked extensively on stage, including productions with the RSC and the ETT.
She played Ginny Potter in the original West End cast of Harry Potter & The Cursed Child, for which she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the What’s On Stage Awards 2016, and in the Broadway transfer.
Poppy recently finished performing in The Hunt at the Almeida Theatre.
Reviews for The Hunt at the Almeida
“As Clara’s parents, Poppy Miller is excellent as Mikala, matched by Justin Salinger’s Theo, both crushed with anguish that their best friend could do something like that.” British Theatre
“Everyone is excellent, including Michele Austin as the well-meaning teacher and Poppy Miller as Mikala, Clara’s chaotic mother.” What’s on Stage
“Her parents are stunning played by Justin Salinger and Poppy Miller, vacillating between blind fury and their own doubts.” London Theatre
“Justin Salinger’s grizzled and angry Theo and Poppy Miller’s needy and vulnerable Mikala are very well matched” The Arts Desk
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Reviews
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child premiered this Sunday and the reviews are in!
- “Harry Potter and the Cursed Child seizes the stage by divine right. Like it belongs there. Like it doesn’t want to leave. It’s more than the best new play of the season. It’s some kind of miracle” Rolling Stone
- “The show’s ingenious theatricality can make audiences believe that magic is real.” Slate
- “Anyone still ready to dismiss Harry Potter and the Cursed Child as a cynical brand extension, or a theme-park ride on stage, clearly hasn’t experienced the thrilling theatricality, the pulse-pounding storytelling vitality and the unexpected emotional richness of this unmissable two-part production” The Hollywood Reporter
- “We love the swirling black cloaks and conical hats of the witches and wizards, the shroud-like garments of the Dementors and the marvels of time travel. But most of all, we love seeing theater that shows us the true magic of great storytelling.” Variety
- “Cursed Child is a marvel, a shape-shifting play that effortlessly incorporates music and choreographed movement, classic storytelling and fresh perspectives, a look that incorporates World War II-era Britain and Victorian spiritualism with Hollywood’s latest flash.” Deadline
- “One of the most touching parts of the show was watching the intense reaction of the audience to their favorite characters. Our fellow theater-goers burst into rapturous applause at the appearance of Harry, and Hagrid, and Hermione (and a few others I won’t reveal)”The Daily Beast
Harry Potter on Broadway
Poppy Miller to continue as Ginny Potter in the Broadway transfer of Harry Potter & The Cursed Child.
Poppy Miller nominated in What's On Stage Awards 2016
Poppy Miller has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the What’s On Stage Awards 2016 for her portrayal of Ginny Potter in the immensely successful Harry Potter & the Cursed Child.
First reviews in for 'Harry Potter & the Cursed Child'
Harry Potter & The Cursed ChildÂ receives fantastic reviews across the board. Poppy Miller plays Ginny Potter in the production.
The press on Poppy:
- “It is lovely to watch Poppy Miller develop the character of Ginny…a triumph.” 5 stars, Sarah Crompton, Whats on Stage
- “Poppy Miller, subtle and potent” Elysa Gardner, USA Today
- “A touching Poppy Miller” Kate Maltby, Wall Street Journal
- “Poppy Miller plays a fierce Ginny Weasley” Barbara Tasch, Business Insider
- “Applause when the grown-up Ginny outroars a male opponent…spell-binding” 4 Stars, Susannah Clapp, The Observer
- “The leading performances also forge a sense of journeys meaningfully undertaken…Poppy Miller’s so-sensible Ginny…” 5 Stars, Dominic Cavendish, The Telegraph
Poppy Miller joins cast of 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
Poppy joins the cast of the anticipated West End production Harry Potter & the Cursed Child.
The play will run at the Palace Theatre in London’s West End from May 2016 through to June 2017.
More information can be found on the play’s official website, here.
Reviews for Poppy Miller in 'A Better Woman'
Poppy played Julia and The Dates in Simon Mendes da Costa’s 4-star new play A Better Woman, directed by Tilly Vosburgh.
The press on Poppy:
- “…Poppy Miller deftly switches roles as Julia and the assorted dates” – Michael Billington, The Guardian
- “Similarly wonderful…Poppy Miller in her multiple roles…Miller is fantastic fun as the various women…Her second-act role of former love Julia is performed so well that she turns the audience’s initial dislike…into sympathy…” – Julie Robinson, London Theatre 1
- “Miller is excellent…in her frantic portrayal of Tom’s selection of online dates…A particular highlight is her touching role as Kimberly, which brings one of the comedy’s more thought-provoking moments” – Dan English, Reviews Hub
A Better Woman played at the Marlow Theatre, Canterbury 1st – 19th December.