Michael is a Welsh, RADA-trained, multi-award winning actor and director. His awards and nominations include:
Nominated BEST ACTOR – Apostle – BAFTA CYMRU
Nominated BEST PRESENTER – Michael Sheen’s Valleys Rebellion – BAFTA CYMRU
Nominated SINGLE DOCUMENTARY – Michael Sheen’s Valleys Rebellion – BAFTA CYMRU
Nominated BEST ACTOR – Masters of Sex – Golden Globe Awards
WINNER – BEST DIRECTOR – The Passion – TMA Awards
WINNER – BRITISH ARTIST OF THE YEAR – BAFTA Britannia
WINNER – BEST ACTOR – Frost/Nixon – Evening Standard Film Awards
WINNER – BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR – The Queen
– Los Angeles Film Critics Association
– Toronto Film Critics Association, New York Critics Online
– Nominated – BAFTA Film Awards
WINNER BEST ACTOR – Fantabulosa
– Royal Television Society Awards
– Nominated BAFTA Television Awards
WINNER BEST ACTOR – Caligula
– Evening Standard Theatre Awards and The Critics’ Circle Theatre Awards
– Nominated Olivier Theatre Awards
Plus nominations for BEST LEAD ACTOR for The Special Relationship at the Emmy Awards and for BEST ACTOR for Frost/Nixon, Look Back in Anger and Amadeus at the Olivier Theatre Awards.
Michael recently performed in The Faith Healer for the Old Vic, two series of the lockdown hit Staged and the second series of Prodigal Son WBTV for Fox.
This summer he will be performing Under Milkwood at the National Theatre
The Faith Healer Reviews
- “Michael Sheen, Indira Varma and David Threlfall are magnificent in Matthew Warchus’s enthralling livestreamed production of Brian Friel’s 1979 play” The Guardian
- “Now my memory must also make room for Sheen’s Frank, an interpretation that grounds the character in a grimy reality in ways I hadn’t thought possible. ” The NewYork Times
- “Michael Sheen mesmerises” The Telegraph
Michael will star in the new series Prodigal Son for Fox
There's Something About Movies
Michael will return for a second series of There’s Something About Movies on Sky
Good Omens is out now on Amazon Prime!
Michael in The Good Fight
Michael will guest star in season 3 of The Good Fight on CBS
Reviews are in for Apostle, premiering on Netflix October 12th:
- “Michael Sheen is absolutely terrifying and captivating as Malcolm. It’s a meaty, layered role that Sheen plays to utter perfection.” Movie Web
- “As the cult leader, Michael Sheen delivers the perfect balance of nice and naughty ” Gizmodo
- “Michael Sheen plays the self-appointed prophet Malcolm with enough charisma and menace to keep you guessing at his intentions.” IGN
- “It’ll make you groan and grimace through the torment, but it will get your heart racing in all the right ways, even when it occasionally stumbles over its own ambition.” Collider
- “It’s Dan Stevens vs. Michael Sheen for heaven’s sake with infinitely more surprises in store. No beating around the bramble, you’ve got an easy choice once Evans’ latest hits Netflix.” We Got This Covered
Michael in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle
Michael has been cast as Mudfly in The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle. He will be appearing alongside Robert Downey Jr, Jim Broadbent and Antonio Banderas
Reviews for Book of Dust
The reviews for Book of Dust, narrated by Michael Sheen, are in:
- “Actor Michael Sheen brings the rich timbre of his Welch voice to Philip Pullman’s ‘The Book of Dust’ an antecedent to the ‘His Dark Materials’ trilogy.” Washington Post
- “Michael Sheen’s Solo Narration of Philip Pullman’s New Novel Is Better Than an Army of Voice Actors” Slate Magazine
Michael Sheen in 'Good Omens'
Michael Sheen announced to play the angel Aziraphale in the TV adaptation of Terry Pratchet’s and Neil Gaiman’s bestseller Good Omens.
The Amazon/BBC studios 6-part series will shoot in 2017, and all stars David Tennant.
Michael Sheen joins the cast of Simon Pegg’s and Nick Frost’s Slaughterhouse Rulez, for Stolen Picture/Sony/Catalyst Global Media.
Michael Sheen on Tate Britain's Great British Walks
Tate Britain’s Great British Walks takes us on a journey across landscapes that have seduced the nation’s favourite painters, from Constable, Powell Frith and Turner, to Hogarth, Herman and Wallis. The series, shown on Sky Arts, travels the length and breadth of Britain from London’s backstreets and rural Suffolk, to the Scottish borders and the mining villages of South Wales. Rich in stories, gossip and hidden secrets about the landscapes once imagined by some of our greatest artists. Cultural historian, Gus Casely-Hayford walks the landscapes of these paintings with Michael Sheen. The show comes out on Sky on the 24th of May.
Michael Sheen in 'Home Again'
Michael Sheen joins the cast of Home Again, directed by Hallie Meyers-Shyer, alongside Reese Witherspoon and Candice Bergen.
Michael Sheen in 'Nocturnal Animals'
Michael Sheen joins the cast of Tom Ford’s second feature film Nocturnal Animals. The film is due for release on November 18th 2016.
Michael Sheen to direct and star in 'Green River Killer'
Michael Sheen is set to direct and star as Ridgway in true-crime thriller Green River Killer.
The screenplay, also written by Michael, is based on graphic novel Green River Killer: A True Detective Story, by Jeff Jenson.
This will be Michael’s directorial debut.
Michael Sheen in Joseph Cedar film
Michael Sheen joins the cast of Joseph Cedar’s Norman: The Moderate Rise and Tragic Fall of a New York Fixer, alongside Richard Gere. The film premiered at the Toronto Film Festival 2016.
'Masters of Sex' commissioned for 4th series
Showtime’s hit series Masters of Sex, which stars Michael Sheen in the leading role of William Masters, has been commissioned for a fourth series.
Shooting for the next series will begin in June 2016.
Find moreÂ programme information here.
Michael Sheen joins the cast of 'Passengers'
Michael Sheen plays Arthur in upcoming sci-fi feature Passengers, directed by Morten Tyldum.
The film also stars Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt and is due for release at the end of 2016.
Michael Sheen in 'Alice Through The Looking Glass'
Michael reprises his role voicing wonderland’s White Rabbit in James Bobin’s Alice Through The Looking Glass. The film also stars Johnny Depp, Mia Wasikowska and Helena Bonham-Carter, and is due for release on 27th May 2016.
Michael previously played the White Rabbit in Alice in Wonderland (2010).
Watch the official trailer here.