Martin trained at Drama Centre London and at the Royal Court People’s Theatre.
He has appeared in over 20 feature films throughout his career, working with numerous illustrious directors such as Ridley Scott, Michael Winterbottom and Stephen Frears.
Has played long running characters in Coronation Street, Holby City and in BBC’s Cradle to Grave. For theatre he toured with Present Laughter, directed by Stephen Unwin.
His most recent film credits include The Car: Road To Revenge and 6 Days, which is out now on Netflix.
Recent TV credits include Bread and Butter for Digital Film Makers, and London Kills for Acorn TV, and he reprised his iconic role, Spider Nugent, in Coronation Street in 2022-23.
Martin’s much-loved character Spider Nugent is back on Coronation Street.
Martin Hancock in "The Car: Road To Revenge"
Martin played the lead role of Talen in the feature film ‘The Car: Road To Revenge‘.
Produced by The Car Productions, LLC, the film is out now on Netflix.
Reviews in for 'Present Laughter'
Stellar reviews are in for Present Laughter, directed by Stephen Unwin, with Martin Hancock playing Fred. The production opened at the Theatre Royal Bath, followed by a UK Tour.
The press on Martin Hancock and Present Laughter at Theatre Royal Bath, and beyond:
- “Garry’s servants are perhaps some of the funniest. Martin Hancock plays chirpy Cockney butler Fred…with a lively undercurrent of insolence…an absolute winner” Jackie Chappell, Listomania Bath
- “A pitch-perfect production” 4 Stars, Sarah Crompton, What’s On Stage
- “Beautifully-wrought, immaculately-paced production shimmering with all the wit, pathos, sophistication, flourish and social observation that makes Coward so enduringly popular.” Melissa Blease, The Bath Magazine
- “Performances are excellent.” 4 Stars, Petra Schofield, Theatre Bath
- “A classic production of the Coward comedy, the setting and acting is very polished” Nancy Connolly, Bath Chronicle
- “The supporting cast all add their own touch of gloss to a show which does great service to the wit of The Master and has that elusive quality of style” 4 Stars, Graham Wyles, Stage Talk
- “Martin Hancock as Fred, the valet, is brilliant at bringing out all his egalitarian cheeriness, naturally offering his rightyo’s and be good’s to everyone in his orbit…impeccably performed throughout” The Real Chrisparkle
- “A spivvy valet (Martin Hancock)” 4 Stars, Quentin Letts, The Daily Mail
- “Sharply observed comic [cameo] in…racy Fred the valet (Martin Hancock)” The Fine Times Recorder
- “There’s tremendous chemistry between the cast and special mention must be made of…Martin Hancock as debonair Cockney valet” Bev Creagh, Luton Today
Martin Hancock in 'Present Laughter'
Martin Hancock will play Fred in Noel Coward’s Present Laugher, directed by Stephen Unwin. The production will play at the Theatre Royal, Bath, from 22nd June – 9th July, followed by a UK Tour, ending on 29th August.
For more information on the production, visit the Theatre Royal Bath website.
Martin Hancock in '6 Days'
Martin plays Bill in feature film 6 Days, directed by Toa Fraser. The film, which also stars Mark Strong, Abbie Cornish and Jamie Bell, is produced by General Films and is due for release later in 2016.
Martin Hancock in 'Cradle to Grave'
Martin played series regular Soapy in Danny Baker’s hit sitcom Cradle to Grave for BBC Two.