Nina trained at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Originally from Norway, she is London-based, and is fluent in English, Norwegian and Polish.
Nina’s screen credits include Peaky Blinders, X Company and Five by Five, In Cube and Glass Dolls, Call the Midwife
She played the female lead in Narvik at the Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, which won the 2017 British Theatre Award for New Play.
She is currently playing a leading role in a new series called The Box filming in Sweden directed by Steve Schill
Nina starred in the short film ‘Who Goes There’ which won the Indy Shorts Heartland Horror Audience Choice Award
Who Goes There
The short film ‘Who Goes There’ which Nina starred in was selected to the Official Selection at the Indy Shorts Section at Heartland Horror Film Festival.
Nina Yndis in 'Call The Midwife'
Nina is set to shoot two episodes of Call the Midwife
Nina Yndis in 'X Company'
Reviews in for 'Narvik'
First reviews are in for Narvik, which is touring the UK, with Nina Yndis in the role of Else.
The press on Nina and Narvik:
- “There is an unknowable quality to Nina Yndis’s Else that ultimately proves dangerous…a thrillingly theatrical encapsulation of a little-known theatre of war.” 4 Stars, Alfred Hickling, The Guardian
- “…it’s Nina Yndis’ Else who finally conveys the terrifying reality of snatching a chance on love in a war zone.” 5 STARS, Roger Foss, The Stage
- “Yndis had a mysterious nature, which resulted in a truly haunting end with the last physical pose leaving a truly unforgettable image…truly mesmerising.” Brogen Campbell, Mancunion
- “Nina Yndis as Else is entrancing and swings between bold and energetic to thoughtful and loving with ease.” 4 stars, Katherine Kirwin, The Reviews Hub
- “Perhaps the core element in the play’s success in telling such an engaging story is the dynamics of the cast…Yndis and Shipman captivate the audience with the sincere and youthful love story…utterly unmissable” 4 stars, Megan Hyland, Upstaged Manchester
- “Nina Yndis shines as Jim’s Scandinavian sweetheart Else, delivering a strong vocal performance in the musical numbers, as well as a captivating on-stage performance” 4 stars, Frankly My Dear
- “…deeply emotive, horrific and genuine…superb acting…A very clever and well-crafted play” 4 stars, Mark Dee, North West End
Nina Yndis to tour in 'Narvik'
Nina Yndis to reprise her role in Narvik.
Following an acclaimed run at the Liverpool Playhouse, Narvik will tour the UK from 31st January – 25th March.