Mary performed in numerous productions with the National Youth Music Theatre, before studying Drama at University. She has worked extensively in theatre, musicals, TV, film and voice overs.
Her theatre credits include productions at the National Theatre, Old Vic, Donmar Warehouse, Chocolate Factory and several West End productions including The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, in the West End.
She was a regular in the soap Family Affairs for 30 episodes and her most recent appearances on TV were in Penny Dreadful for Showtime and Inspector George Gently for the BBC.
In film, Mary most recently worked on I Spit On Your Grave 2 and The Woman in Black.
Mary recently finished performing in The House They Grew Up In, at Chichester Festival Theatre.
Mary Stockley has opened in The House They Grew Up In
The excellent reviews are in!
- Deborah Bruce’s The House They Grew Up In is a subtle and surprising play that turns from the bleakest of comedies into a tender story of hope, in Jeremy Herrin’s uncomfortable but engrossing production.
- Jeremy Herrin’s Headlong co-production is beautifully acted.
- In Jeremy Herrin’s production – a joint venture between Chichester and Headlong – the acting is first-rate.
- The House They Grew Up In often has an extraordinary emotional impact.
- Jeremy Herrin for co-producers Headlong directs with his customary incisiveness.
The Financial Times
- What an intriguing, slow-burn piece this is.
The Evening Standard
- The play is beautifully acted by the entire cast, and remains compelling and emotionally engaging from start to finish.
- Bruce’s writing is thought-provoking, challenging society’s preconceptions of what is normal, daring us to identify the exact point at which individual freedoms could or should be curtailed by the intervention of the state.
There Ought To Be Clowns
- A superb production.
British Theatre Guide
Mary Stockley currently rehearsing the role of Sophie in The House They Grew Up In at the Chichester Festival directed by Jeremy Herrin.
Press Night 21st July.
Mary Stockley in 'Inspector George Gently'
Mary Stockley is cast in an episode of the BBC’s Inspector George Gently.
Mary Stockley in 'Caught'
Mary Stockley cast in the lead role of Cass in short film Caught, directed by Johnny Kenton, for the NFTS.
Mary Stockley in 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time'
Mary Stockely plays Judy Boone in the 7 time Olivier Award winning, and 5 time Tony Award winning play The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time, at the Gielgud Theatre, West End.