Rowan trained at Rose Bruford College, representing them at the Sam Wanamaker Festival 2013 and at the Carleton Hobbs Radio Awards 2013.
His theatre credits include Another Country (Trafalgar Studios), Desert Rats (Arts Theatre, West End) and The Acedian Pirates (Theatre503). On screen he has appeared in the Doctor Who Christmas Special and in feature film Kingsman: Secret Service.
Most recently Rowan performed in The Hypocrite, a co-production with Hull Truck and the RSC.
Next year he will be seen in the new Tomb Raider, playing the role of Lara’s flatmate
Rowan Polonski in 'Tomb Raider'
Rowan has just finished filming a role as Lara’s flatmate in the new ‘Tomb Raider’ opposite Alicia Vikander.
Directed by Roar Uthaug and produced by GK Films, it is slated for release on the 16th of March, 2018.
Reviews are in for 'The Hypocrite'
First reviews are in for Richard Bean’s The Hypocrite, a c0-production with Hull Truck and the RSC.
The press on Rowan & The Hypocrite:
- “Director Phillip Breen gets vivid performances from all in his 20-strong cast…Jordan Metcalfe and Rowan Polonski are a delightfully camp double act” 4 stars, Ron Simpson, What’s On Stage
- “Two princely fops – the most floridly enjoyable performances of the evening – disguise themselves as girlies and mince around.” Susannah Clap, The Observer
- “…a brilliantly entertaining new farce…And there are no weak links in the supporting cast” 4 stars, Dominic Cavendish, The Telegraph
- “Phillip Breen’s production, based on the principle of nonstop action, gets good performances from the surrounding cast…does Hull proud” 4 stars, Michael Billington, The Guardian
- “a delight” 4 stars, Hull Daily Mail
Rowan cast in 'The Hypocrite'
Rowan Polonski cast as Prince Rupert in Richard Bean’s The Hypcorite, a co-production with the RSC and Hull Truck Theatre, directed by Phillip Green.
The production previews in Hull, from 24th February, before going on to Stratford on 31st March.
5 star reviews for 'The Acedian Pirates'
The Acedian Pirates, which stars Rowan Polonski as Troy, receives rave reviews.
The press on The Acedian Pirates and Rowan Polonski:
- “Rowan Polonski’s intense portrayal of Troy, a commanding officer bubbling with animalistic fury.” The Bardette
- “Troy is shirtless and bloodied, a wild glint in his eye and a lust for blood. Played with evil relish by Rowan Polonski, he is Patrick Bateman meets Joe Pesci.” 4 stars, Sian Rowland, London Pub Theatres
- “Rowan Polonski is the volatile Troy, the commander of this unit…with a powerful, dangerous presence.” Laura Kressly, The Play’s The Thing
- “The Acedian Pirates is an incredibly complex, thought provoking and moving play…The entire cast are fantastic” 5 stars, Graham Archer, West End Wilma
Rowan Polonski in 'The Acedian Pirates'
Rowan Polonski joins the cast of Jay Taylor’s The Acedian Pirates at Theatre503.
Rowan plays Troy in the production, which plays at Theatre503 from 25th October – 19th November, directed by Bobby Brook.
Rowan Polonski in 'Desert Rats'
Rowan Polonski starred as Jesse in Desert Rats as part of Chaskis Theatre’s Las Americas Above season at the Arts Theatre, West End.
Press on Rowan in Desert Rats:
- “it’s easy to recognise the wounded innocent in Jesse, especially as he’s played with such a poignant vulnerability (under a comic sheen of righteousness and bravado) by Rowan Polonski.” 4 Stars, Teia Fregona, London Theatreland
- “Rowan Polonski is very good as the disenfranchised Jesse” West End Wilma
Rowan Polonski in 'Doctor Who'
Rowan played Flemming in the 2015 Christmas episode of BBC’s Doctor Who.
The episode aired on Christmas Day on BBC One.
Rowan Polonski in 'Kingsman: The Secret Service'
Rowan played Piers, one of the Kingsman candidates, in Kingsman: Secret Service.
The film was released in 2015, to great critical and public reception.