Martin trained at Drama Centre London and at the Royal Court People’s Theatre.
He played Spider in Coronation Street for several years, Reg Lund in Holby City for two series and played Soapy in BBC’s Cradle to Grave. For theatre he toured with Present Laughter, directed by Stephen Unwin.
His film credits include The Car: Road To Revenge and 6 Days, which is out now on Netflix.
Martin Hancock in "The Car: Road To Revenge"
Martin has just finished filming a lead role of Talen in the new feature film ‘The Car: Road To Revenge‘. He’s pictured here straight out of the make-up chair.
Produced by The Car Productions, LLC, the film isÂ out now on Netflix.
Reviews in for 'Present Laughter'
Stellar reviews are in forÂ Present Laughter, directed by Stephen Unwin, Â withÂ Martin Hancock playing Fred. The production opened at the Theatre Royal Bath, followed by a UK Tour.
The press on Martin Hancock andÂ Present LaughterÂ at Theatre Royal Bath, and beyond:
- â€œGarry’s servants are perhaps some of the funniest. Martin Hancock plays chirpy Cockney butler Fred…with a lively undercurrent of insolence…an absolute winnerâ€ Jackie Chappell, Listomania Bath
- â€œa pitch-perfect productionâ€ 4 Stars, Sarah Crompton, What’s On Stage
- â€œbeautifully-wrought, immaculately-paced production shimmering with all the wit, pathos, sophistication, flourish and social observation that makes Coward so enduringly popular.â€ Melissa Blease, The Bath Magazine
- â€œPerformances are excellent.â€ 4 Stars, Petra Schofield, Theatre Bath
- â€œa classic production of the Coward comedy, the setting and acting is very polishedâ€ Nancy Connolly, Bath Chronicle
- â€œThe supporting cast all add their own touch of gloss to a show which does great service to the wit of â€˜The Masterâ€™ and has that elusive quality of â€˜styleâ€™.â€ 4 Stars, Graham Wyles, Stage Talk
- â€œMartin Hancock as Fred, the valet, is brilliant at bringing out all his egalitarian cheeriness, naturally offering his rightyoâ€™s and be goodâ€™s to everyone in his orbit…impeccably performed throughoutâ€ The Real Chrisparkle
- â€œa spivvy valet (Martin Hancock)â€ 4 Stars, Quentin Letts, The Daily Mail
- â€œsharply observed comic [cameo] in…racy Fred the valet (Martin Hancock)â€ The Fine Times Recorder
- â€œThereâ€™s tremendous chemistry between the cast and special mention must be made of…Martin Hancock as debonair Cockney valetâ€ Bev Creagh, Luton Today
Martin Hancock in 'Present Laughter'
Martin Hancock will play Fred in Noel Coward’s Present Laugher, directed by Stephen Unwin. The production will play at the Theatre Royal, Bath, from 22nd June â€“ 9th July, followed by a UK Tour, ending on 29th August.
For more information on the production, visit the Theatre Royal Bath website.
Martin Hancock in '6 Days'
Martin plays Bill in feature film 6 Days, directed by Toa Fraser. The film, which also stars Mark Strong, Abbie Cornish and Jamie Bell, is produced by General Films and is due for release later in 2016.
Martin Hancock in 'Cradle to Grave'
Martin played series regular Soapy in Danny Baker’s hit sitcomÂ Cradle to Grave for BBC Two.