Francesca trained at RADA and won the Laurence Olivier Bursary 2012.
Her screen credits include Mike Leigh’s Mr Turner, and Agatha Raisin (Sky1).
On stage, she played Ophelia in Kelly Hunter’s Hamlet (European Tour/Park Theatre/Trafalgar Studios), was Hermia in Filter Theatre’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream (Brisbane/Dublin), was in All My Sons (Rose Theatre), as well as productions at the Globe, the Birmingham Rep and Manchester Royal Exchange.
Francesca has recently returned from LA, where she toured as Olivia in Filter Theatre’s Twelfth Night.
Francesca Zoutewelle in 'Twelfth Night'
Francesca cast in Filter Theatre’s Twelfth Night, which will tour in LA in March 2017.
Reviews for 'Hamlet' at Trafalgar Studios
Reviews are in for Kelly Hunter’s Hamlet, which has transferred to the Trafalgar Studios, West End, following hugely successful tours in the UK and across Europe.
The press on Francesca in Hamlet:
- “Francesca Zoutewelle’s Ophelia is an emotional wreck even before her father is killed. Her grief after the event is instantaneous, deeply visceral and utterly heartbreaking…Zoutewelle communicates her distress in a very physical way, writhing around the stage as though her mental pain is reflected in physical anguish.” 4 stars, Aliya Al-Hassan, Broadway World
- “Francesca Zoutewelle is almost pressure-cooked as Ophelia. She crawls out of the arras covered in her father’s blood, never to be sane again, and, in turn, tips her brother over the edge.” Matt Trueman, What’s On Stage
- “Ophelia’s descent into madness (a point at which many recently lauded productions look half-hearted in comparison)…every particle of every performance is a true-to-purpose tour de force, (to say nothing of frightening levels of physical commitment) and one cannot walk out of the studio unmoved.” 4 stars, Alex Wood, Theatre Bubble
Reviews for 'All My Sons' at the Rose Theatre, Kingston
Reviews are in for Michael Rudman’s All My Sons, in which Francesca plays Ann Deever.
The press on Francesca and All My Sons:
- “Richly performed”, Natasha Tripney, The Stage
- “Francesca Zoutewelle finds such pain and loneliness in the fate of a girl whose life has been utterly blighted by the actions of those around her.” 4 stars, Sarah Crompton, What’s On Stage
- “The actors were fluid and engaging…a stellar productions” Katie Walsh, A Younger Theatre
- “Francesca Zoutewelle impressively subtle and sensitive as Annie.” Nicky Sweetland, London News Online
- “the wired-up, piteous Ann of Francesca Zoutewelle.” Ismene Brown, The Arts Desk
- “This is a very moving production that never loses sight of the way the ties of family and friends can bind us to a system that blights the lives of everybody.” Keith McKenna, British Theatre Guide
'Hamlet' at Trafalgar Studios
Francesca Zoutewelle is to reprise her role as Ophelia in Kelly Hunter’s Hamlet, in the West End transfer at Trafalgar Studios this December.
Francesca Zoutewelle in 'All My Sons'
Francesca Zoutewelle joins the cast of Michael Rudman’s All My Sons at the Rose Theatre, Kingston.
Francesca will play Ann Deever in the production, previewing from 28th October.
Fantastic reviews for 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'
Reviews are in for A Midsummer Night’s Dream, with Francesca Zoutewelle playing Hermia, at the Brisbane Festival in Australia.
The press on A Midsummer Night’s Dream and Francesca:
Francesca Zoutewelle joins cast of 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'
Francesca Zoutewelle has joined the cast of Filter Theatre’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream, which first played at the Lyric Hammersmith, to rave reviews.
Francesca will play Hermia in the production, which goes to the Brisbane Festival, Australia, from 9th – 17th September.
Francesca Zoutewelle in 'Hamlet: Who's There?'
Francesca Zoutewelle plays Ophelia in Kelly Hunter’s Hamlet: Who’s There?, which will tour in Europe this June.
The production premiered at the Gdansk Shakespeare Festival 2015 and recently played at the Mercury Theatre Colchester, at the International Shakespeare Festival in Croaiva, Romania, and, most recently, played at the Park Theatre in London.
The press on Francesca and Hamlet: Who’s There?:
- “Francesca Zoutewelle gives an extraordinary, feral performance” – 4 STARS – Dave Fargnoli, The Stage
- “This production is the best Hamlet, adapted or not, I have come across to date” – Chris Omaweng, London Theatre
More info on the production and future dates can be found here.
Francesca Zoutewelle in 'Agatha Raisin'
Francesca recently shot an episode of Sky One’s new comedy crime drama Agatha Raisin.
Francesca plays Joanna in episode 6 of the first series, to be aired on Sky One later in 2016.
Reviews for Francesca Zoutewelle in 'Into the Woods'
Francesca played Cinderella in Into the Woods, which ran at the Manchester Royal Exchange from 5th December 2015 – 16th January 2016, directed by Matthew Xia.
The press on Francesca:
- “Francesca Zoutewelle is a perfect Cinderella” David Chadderton, British Theatre Guide
- “Note-perfect performances from Francesca Zoutewelle” – Kristy Scott, Upstaged Manchester
- “Francesca Zoutewelle as Cinderella becomes a power-dressing princess with serious authority which gives way to a proper empathy by the end.” – Paul Vallely, The Independent
- “But it’s the performances here which really captivate…Francesca Zoutewelle an earthily rags-to-riches Cinderella” – Ben East, The Stage
- “Francesca Zoutewelle as Cinderella handles the status change with flair” – Joan Davies, Manchester Confidential