Raymond trained at the Bristol Old Vic and has worked extensively in television, theatre and in film.
His numerous television credits include regulars in Mr Selfridge and Hotel Babylon. Other recent television credits include , Da Vinci’s Demons, The Royals, Father Brown, Call the Midwife, The Rook and most recently Gentleman Jack
His film credits include The Best Man, Eisenstein, The English Patient, and Red Joan
On stage, Raymond has performed at the RSC, National Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Theatre Royal Bath and Chichester Festival Theatre, amongst many others.
Raymond Coulthard Cast In Red Joan
Recent credits include Red Joan and Gentleman Jack
Raymond Coulthard in 'The Royals'
Raymond Coulthard cast in E!’s hit comedy series The Royals.
5 Star Reviews for 'What's In A Name?'
What’s In A Name, at the Birmingham Rep, in which Raymond plays Carl, receives fantastic, 5 star reviews.
The press on Raymond & What’s In A Name:
- “Excellent performances by the entire ensemble cast…Raymond Coulthard’s mildly effete Carl is dismissed by Vincent…as being characterised by what he is not…Coulthard plays him so skilfully that we accept Vincent’s description, while also being true to the rather more complex character gradually revealed to us…quite simply, sublime” 5 STARS, Selwyn Knight, Reviews Hub
- “The dialogue hurtles across the stage, evoking every audience response from belly laughter to shocked silence…casting is inspired…” 5 STARS, Diane Parks, What’s on Stage
- ‘The acting was superb throughout and the comic timing was absolutely impeccable.” Jerald Smith, Express and Star
- “Raymond Coulthard is exasperated and outraged as Carl, his eloquent speech contrasting with flustered hand gestures. He hints at a darker side to Carl’s character, keeping quiet at key moments and quick to excuse the wrongdoing of others…a sharply written script, fast-paced direction and intelligent performances is fabulous rollercoaster ride of love, lies and betrayal.” 4 Stars, Emma Cann, Broadway World
- “With a great cast, clever, funny script…it’s almost perfect.” 4 stars, Roz Laws, Birmingham Mail
- “Raymond Coulthard was magnificent as Carl…” 4 stars, Alex Da Silva, The Gay UK