Raymond trained at the Bristol Old Vic and has worked extensively in television, theatre and in film.
His television credits include Miles Egerton two series of Mr Selfridge and James Schofield in four series of Hotel Babylon. Other recent television credits include Father Brown, Call the Midwife, Da Vinci’s Demons, and The Royals.
His film credits include The Best Man, Eisenstein and The English Patient.
On stage, Raymond has performed at the RSC, National Theatre, Donmar Warehouse, Theatre Royal Bath and Chichester Festival Theatre, amongst many others.
Next year he will appear inÂ the feature filmÂ Red Joan andÂ the television seriesÂ The Rook.Â
Raymond Coulthard Cast In Red Joan
Ray has been cast in the feature film Red Joan.Â Starring Judi Dench, it tells theÂ story of Melita Norwood, a woman unmasked at age 87 as the KGBâ€™s longest-serving British spy.
Raymond Coulthard in 'The Royals'
Raymond Coulthard cast in E!’s hit comedy seriesÂ The Royals.
5 Star Reviews for 'What's In A Name?'
What’s In A Name, at the Birmingham Rep, in which Raymond plays Carl, receives fantastic, 5 star reviews.
The press on Raymond &Â What’s In A Name:
- â€œexcellent performances by the entire ensemble cast…Raymond Coulthardâ€™s mildly effete Carl is dismissed by Vincent…as being characterised by what he is not…Coulthard plays him so skilfully that we accept Vincentâ€™s description, while also being true to the rather more complex character gradually revealed to us…quite simply, sublimeâ€ 5 STARS, Selwyn Knight, Reviews Hub
- â€œthe dialogue hurtles across the stage, evoking every audience response from belly laughter to shocked silence…casting is inspired…â€ 5 STARS, Diane Parks, Whatâ€™s on Stage
- â€œthe acting was superb throughout and the comic timing was absolutely impeccable.â€ Jerald Smith,Â Express and Star
- â€œRaymond Coulthard is exasperated and outraged as Carl, his eloquent speech contrasting with flustered hand gestures. He hints at a darker side to Carl’s character, keeping quiet at key moments and quick to excuse the wrongdoing of others…a sharply written script, fast-paced direction and intelligent performances is fabulous rollercoaster ride of love, lies and betrayal.â€ 4 Stars, Emma Cann, Broadway World
- â€œWith a great cast, clever, funny script…itâ€™s almost perfect.â€ 4 stars, Roz Laws, Birmingham Mail
- â€œRaymond Coulthard was magnificent as Carl…â€ 4 stars, Alex Da Silva, The Gay UK