Alistair trained at LAMDA and has worked extensively on stage and on screen.
His recent television credits include playing Sandy Langbourne in the highly acclaimed The Night Manager, and Robert Greenlaw in Undercover, both for the BBC. He also appeared in Discovery’s Harley & the Davidsons and Genius: Einstein for Fox21/National Geographic.
Alistair’s recent film credits include playing General Draven in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, and Hampstead. His most recent TV appearances include AMC’s The Terror and Fox’s Deep State.
Next year Alistair will be seen in the features Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen, Sulphur & White, and the TV series Sex Education on Netflix, and the second series of Deep State
Alistair has been cast inÂ Sex Education alongside Gillian Anderson and Asa Butterfield. The series will premiere next year
Reviews of The Terror
The Terror started this week on AMC and the reviews are in:
- “If youâ€™ve been waiting for the latest piece of genre obsession by way of prestige TV, get ready for The Terror” Collider
- “”AMC’s The Terror – a very lavishly and meticulously produced historical drama that blends fact with a fiction, taking a few supernatural liberties where vast swaths of unknown live and gaps in knowledge reside – is off to a good, though icy (pun intended), start.â€ IGN
- “So itâ€™s worth raising a glass of your best, oldest brandy to AMCâ€™s new miniseries The Terrorâ€”an effective and fascinating blend of horror and historical drama, which manages to generate considerable suspense and horror in a format that seems designed to undercut it.” GQ
- “AMC’s The Terror is a near masterpiece of survival horror” Vox
- “One of the most harrowing things about The Terror is just how human all of these characters are.” Vulture
- “Immersive and atmospheric, “The Terror” is the kind of voyage that the limited-series format allows, a 10-episode quest into the unknown that crafts a supernatural flight from a historical footnote.” CNN
- â€œAny series with a title likeÂ The TerrorÂ has certain expectations baked in: dissonant music, jump scares, a monster of the week, perhaps. Remarkably, AMCâ€™s new series has none of the aboveâ€”yet itâ€™s still perhaps the most terrifying show to air in recent memory.Â â€œ Vanity Fair
- “Â The Terror can be scary, but itâ€™s real achievement is climatological. The freeze is tangible. When you watch it, wear a sweater” Entertainment WeeklyÂ
- “The best news, then, about AMCâ€™s The Terror is this: The series never bests Simmonsâ€™s book, but it is powerfully, pleasurably harrowing in its own right.” The Village Voice
- “Executive-produced by Ridley Scott, this eerie retelling of what might have happened to the crew of a doomed expedition boasts a scary start” The Guardian
Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen
Alistair has joined the cast of Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen.
Alistair Petrie joins cast of new Fox seriesÂ Deep State.
Alistair Petrie in 'Hampstead'
Alistair Petrie plays Steve Crowley in the newly released rom-com Hampstead, also starring Brendan Gleeson and Diane Keaton.
Alistair Petrie in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story"
Alistair Petrie plays General Draven in the hugely anticipatedÂ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,Â the latest instalment in the Star Wars franchise.
RogueÂ OneÂ was released in the UK on December 15th 2016.
Alistair Petrie in 'The Terror'
Alistair PetrieÂ will appear in 5 episodes of upcoming TV seriesÂ The Terror,Â for Scott Free productions.
Alistair Petrie in 'Genius: Einstein'
Alistair Petrie joins the cast of Genius:Â Einstein,Â for Fox 21/National Geographic. Alistair will play Professor Weber in the series, directed by Ron Howard.
'The Night Manager' nominated for 12 Emmy Awards
The Night Manager, in which Alistair Petrie played series regular Sandy Langbourne, has been nominated 12 times at this year’s Emmy Awards, including Best Limited Series.
Harley & the Davidsons
Alistair Petrie recently completed filming the role of Edsel Ford onÂ Harley & the Davidsons,Â an upcoming TV series for Discovery Channel/Raw TV.
Based on the origins of the motorcycle brand,Â Harley & the DavidsonsÂ will air on the Discovery Channel in September 2016.
Alistair Petrie in 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story'
Alistair Petrie appearsÂ in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, the first Star Wars Anthology film.
Rogue One is set for release in December 2016.
Watch Alistair in the official teaser trailer here.
Alistair Petrie in 'Undercover'
Alistair plays series regular Robert Greenlaw in Peter Moffat’s new six-part BBC drama, Undercover.
The series, which also stars Sophie Okonedo and Adrian Lester, plays Sundays at 9pm on BBC One until May 8th.
Alistair Petrie in 'Kicking Off'
Alistair Petrie stars as Anthony Greaves, the referee, in independent feature filmÂ Kicking Off,Â which premiered in the UK at the end of April 2016.
The film, directed by Matt Wilde, won the award for Best British Film at Raindance Festival 2015, and recently played at the prestigious Guadalajara Film Festival in March 2016.
Watch the trailer, here.
Alistair Petrie in 'The Night Manager'
Alistair plays Sandy Langbourne, Richard Roper’s (Hugh Laurie) right-hand-man, in the BBC’s highly acclaimed adaptation The Night Manager.Â
The series aired in the UK in early 2016, and is currently showing in the US on AMC.