Roberta trained at the Central School of Speech and Drama.
Her film credits include Viceroy’s House, Tom & Viv, and The Witches.
Her numerous TV credits include Luther, Bleak House, The Passion, Demob and Inspector Morse. She played the iconic Inspector Gina Gold in The Bill for six years. Roberta most recently featured in series one and two of Shakespeare and Hathaway on BBC1, playing Gloria Fonteyn.
Roberta’s numerous stage credits include runs at the RSC, Donmar Warehouse, Manchester Royal Exchange, Birmingham Rep, as well as the Garrick Theatre. She was a regular at the Glasgow Citizen’s Theatre for over twenty years, notably playing Gertrude in Hamlet, Mrs Allonby in A Woman of No Importance, Gilda in Design for Living, Princess Kosmonopolis in Sweet Bird of Youth. Most recently, Roberta led in Dusty which originated at the Theatre Royal, Bath.
Winner: Impact Docs Awards
We are thrilled that Roberta has won an Impact Docs Award of Excellence for her narration of Thomas Harman’s Riot in the Meadow.
The full film will be shown at the Crystal Palace International Film Festival, Everyman Cinema, at 7.30pm on 26 February.
The trailer is available here.
Roberta has been cast in the latest series of Luther on BBC1
The reviews for Dusty are in!
- “‘Dusty’ draws a portrait of the artist, almost a cultural critique, to asks what made Dusty Dusty and what dragged her down.” Variety
- “And it’s a fun production that romps through the icon’s life.” The Stage
- “Roberta Taylor is deliciously vile (or misunderstood? You decide) as Springfield’s mother Kay” The Bath Magazine
- “You won’t see a better musical than this for a very long time.” Gazette and Herald
- “It also boasts an outstanding performance from Katherine Kingsley as the blue eyed soul singer for whom pop provided a transfigurative escape from her Catholic upbringing and her exacting mother (a nicely judged Roberta Taylor)” The Telegraph
- “There is much to like in this vibrant, energetic production which will no doubt prove to be a regional success.” Theatre Bath
- “this was a brilliant night,perfectly summed up by the audience rising in unison to applaud at the end.” About Manchester
Roberta has been cast in DUSTY, the landmark new musical about the life of Dusty Springfield which will have its world premiere at Theatre Royal Bath in June 2018 before dates at The Lyceum in Sheffield, Newcastle Theatre Royal, and The Lowry in Salford.
Roberta has been cast in Luther. She will play Celia Lavender in the 5th series of the show, coming out in 2018
Roberta Taylor in 'The Foreigner'
Roberta Taylor recently completed shooting on feature film The Foreigner, directed by Martin Campbell and produced by STX Entertainment. Roberta plays Mrs Taylor, joining a cast that includes Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.
Roberta Taylor in 'Viceroy's House'
Roberta Taylor plays Miss Reading in feature film Viceroy’s House, , directed by Gurinder Chadha, for Pathe Film.
Viceroy’s House is due for release in 2016.