Roberta trained at the Central School of Speech and Drama.
She played Inspector Gina Gold in The Bill for six years and, prior to that, was Irene in EastEnders for three years. Most recently Roberta appeared on the BBC’s new series Shakespeare and Hathaway
On stage, she was a regular at the Glasgow Citizen’s Theatre for over twenty years. In London, Roberta was last on stage in As Good A Time As Any at the Print Room Theatre.
Her film credits include The Foreigner, alongside Jackie Chan, and Viceroy’s House, directed by Grinder Chadha.
She is currently performing in Dusty, the musical based on the life of Dusty Springfield.
The reviews for Dusty are in!
- “‘Dusty’ draws a portrait of the artist, almost a cultural critique, to asks what made Dusty Dusty — and what dragged her down.” Variety
- “And it’s a fun production that romps through the icon’s life.” The Stage
- “Roberta Taylor is deliciously vile (or misunderstood? You decide…) as Springfield’s mother Kay” The Bath Magazine
- “You won’t see a better musical than this for a very long time.” Gazette and Herald
- “It also boasts an outstanding performance from Katherine Kingsley as the blue eyed soul singer for whom pop provided a transfigurative escape from her Catholic upbringing and her exacting mother (a nicely judged Roberta Taylor)” The Telegraph
- “There is much to like in this vibrant, energetic production which will no doubt prove to be a regional success.” Theatre Bath
Roberta has been cast in DUSTY, the landmark new musical about the life of Dusty Springfield which will have its world premiere at Theatre Royal Bath in June 2018 before dates at The Lyceum in Sheffield, Newcastle Theatre Royal, and The Lowry in Salford.
Roberta has been cast in Luther. She will play Celia Lavender in the 5th series of the show, coming out in 2018
Roberta Taylor in 'The Foreigner'
Roberta Taylor recently completed shooting on feature film The Foreigner, directed by Martin Campbell and produced by STX Entertainment. Roberta plays Mrs Taylor, joining a cast that includes Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan.
Roberta Taylor in 'Viceroy's House'
Roberta Taylor plays Miss Reading in feature film Viceroy’s House, , directed by Gurinder Chadha, for Pathe Film.
Viceroy’s House is due for release in 2016.