Otto trained at the National Youth Theatre.
His theatre credits include productions at The Young Vic, the National Theatre, Shakespeare’s Globe and the Bush Theatre.
His television credits include the highly acclaimed BBC adaptation War & Peace, Marcella, Silk and The White Queen.
Film includes Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
Most recently, Otto appeared in the New York transfer of the Young Vic’s A Streetcar Named Desire, and in Spool, which he also co-directed and co-devised, at Edinburgh Fringe.
Otto has just finished in Once In A Lifetime at the Young Vic.
Reviews for 'Once In A Lifetime'
Reviews are in for Richard Jones’ production of Once In A Lifetime at the Young Vic, in which Otto Farrant doubles as Ernest & Kammerling.
The press on Otto and Once In A Lifetime:
Otto Farrant – Once In A Lifetime
- “Otto Farrant does a great stint as an uptight German director” 4 STARS, Rev Stan
- “There’s classical precision from young Otto Farrant as both an ambitious waiter, discreetly tugging at his crotch when he talks about the prospect of Paramount stars arriving at the party, and a German import, the lines superbly timed.” David Nice, The Arts Desk
- “we admired [Otto Farrant’s] twin parts as a waiter and especially his frustrated German film director. The latter role is delivered in clipped dry tones and a wig of wonder which offered several chuckles” 4 stars, A West End Whinger
- “a strong company…many memorable performances…an entertaining two hours that will keep you chuckling after the curtain comes down.” 4 stars, Debbie Gilpin, Broadway World
- “feel good, funny…a strong ensemble cast” Daisy Bowie-Sell, What’s On Stage
- “it is the cast who are the real stars…sharp and certainly entertaining” Brendan Macdonald, Culture Whisper
- “What does shine through is the quality of the superb company” There Ought To Be Clowns
- “a legit hit” Michael Billington, The Guardian
- “delightfully droll” Paul Taylor, The Independent
- “a cheerily ludicrous caper” Andrzej Lukowski, Time Out
Otto Farrant joins cast of 'Once in a Lifetime'
Otto Farrant is cast as Ernest and Kammerling in Richard Jones’ production of Once in a Lifetime at the Young Vic.
Otto Farrant in 'Spool' at Edinburgh Festival
Otto Farrant stars in Spool at Edinburgh Fringe 2016. Spool is also devised by Otto, with collaborator Finn Cooke.
The press on Spool:
- “Spool is a tranquil, ponderous, mesmeric work, the like of which is rarely seen…endearingly ridiculous and ludicrously delightful…a rare find” 4 Stars, Richard Beck, Broadway Baby
- “Ingeneously-staged…Otto and Finn make a winning duo and you do hope this show marks the beginning of a beautiful friendship rather than being a one-off collaboration.” 3 stars, Rory Ford, The Scotsman
A Streetcar Named Desire on Broadway
Otto Farrant is to reprise the role of the Young Collector in the broadway transfer of the Young Vic’s A Streetcar Named Desire.
The production will play at St. Ann’s Warehouse, New York, from April 23rd – June 4th 2016.
For more information, click here.
Otto Farrant plays Evan Jones in two episodes of ITV’s new drama Marcella.
The series airs Mondays at 9pm on ITV1.
War & Peace
Otto played Petya Rostov in the final four episodes of BBC’s highly acclaimed adaptation War & Peace.