Joanne is a London-based actor, originally from Glasgow. She trained at the Glasgow Academy of Musical Theatre Arts.
She appeared in Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour at the National Theatre, for which she was nominated for Best Supporting Actress at the 2017 Olivier Awards.
Her theatre credits include productions at the National Theatre of Scotland, Theatre Royal Stratford East and the Websters Theatre, Glasgow. She performed in The Divide at the Edinburgh International Festival and at the Old Vic
Joanne’s film credits include The Wee Man, and Zombie Musical (three times winner at BAFTA New Talent Awards 2011).
She most recently performed in As You Like It at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre
As You Like It Reviews
Reviews for As You Like It at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre are in!
- “Of the supporting players, I was particularly taken with Joanne McGuiness’s tough, punchy Phebe refusing the advances of the dopey Silvius and dumping his over-sized teddy bear (a token of his esteem) into the lake ” The Telegraph
- “This particular piece is ideal seasonal fare with love, laughter and hijinks overflowing in the Forest of Arden.” Broadway World
- “[Out] comes this warm, charming and Park-perfect production of one of Shakespeare’s loveliest plays.” Evening StandardÂ
- “Max Webster’s production must be highly praised for the number of strong female characters it portrays” London Theatre
- “It’s a light-hearted production with serious intent” What’s On Stage
- “Max Webster’s production of Shakespeare’s comedy sets out with a clear agenda. Duke Frederick’s court, with its plastic rubbish, fast-food outlets and showbiz wrestling, represents urban pollution.” The Guardian
- “Joanne McGuinness is a scene-stealer as the rough and rude Phebe” Upper Circle
- “The whole production is summer fun, pure and simple, that capitalises on the Open Air Theatre’s twilit, tree-lined charms.” The Independent
As You Like It
Joanne has been cast as Phoebe in As You Like It at the Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre
Joanne McGuinness in 'The Divide'
Joanne McGuinness has joined the cast of The Divide, a new epic by Alan Ayckbourn.
It will be playing at the Old Vic Theatre from 01 Feb – 10 Feb 2018.
Joanne McGuinness in Cinderella2: I Married a Numpty
Reviews are coming in for Cinderella2: I Married a Numpty:
- “The plot breezily celebrates the ridiculous, a direction this hugely entertaining cast are equally happy to go in. Tremendous fun, tho as the opening song says “not for weans!” The Herald
- “With lovely Joanne McGuinness and brilliant Clare Waugh completing the cast as Cinders and her sole remaining Ugly Sister, Wan-Tooth Winnie, there’s little to complain of in this bold sequel to the Cinderella story, and plenty to love.” The Scotsman
Joanne McGuinness in rehearsal
Joanne is currently rehearsing for The Divide, which will open in August at the Edinburgh International Festival and then the Old Vic.
Joanne McGuinness nominated for Olivier Award
Joanne has been nominated in the Best Supporting Actress Category at the 2017 Olivier Awards.
Joanne and the rest of the cast in Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, have been collectively nominated as an ensemble in the Best Supporting Actress category.
Joanne McGuinness in 'Snow White and the Seven Wee Muppets'
Joanne McGuinness joins the cast of Snow White and the Seven Wee Muppetts, this year’s Christmas show at Websters’ Theatre, Glasgow.