Leander is a LAMDA trained actor, and published author.
He won Best Actor (2001) and Best Supporting Actor (2002), at the OUDS New Writing Festival, and won the LAMDA poetry competition in 2003. He has worked extensively in theatre, most recently in The Two Noble Kinsmen and The Rover, at the RSC. His work on screen includes Captain America: The First Avenger, Atonement, Skins and a recurring role in Holby City.
Leander recently appeared in episode 5 of the new series of Endeavour for ITV.
Leander is currently filming the new series of Endeavour.
Reviews in for 'The Rover'
The RSC’s production of The Rover receives 4 star reviews.
The press on Leander in The Rover:
- “The evening’s biggest laugh comes from Leander Deeny” 4 stars, Michael Billington, The Guardian
- “At its comic best, it affords the sight of Leander Deeny’s guileless Blunt” 4 Stars, Dominic Cavendish, The Telegraph
- “there’s a great comic turn from Leander Deeny” 4 stars, Natasha Tripney, The Stage
- “Leander Deeny’s over-the-edge Blunt…[deserves] a mention” Matthew Salisbury, Stratford Observer
- “how many people are there on that stage to fall in love with!…To name only some:…Leander Deeny as Ned Blunt, who…is the kind of weed you want to cultivate” 5 Stars, Ian Shuttleworth, Financial Times
Reviews for 'Two Noble Kinsmen'
Reviews are in for the RSC’s Two Noble Kinsmen, with Leander Deeny.
The press on Two Noble Kinsmen:
Leander Deeny cast in the RSC's Swan season
Leander Deeny will play Host/Doctor in The Two Noble Kinsmen, and Blunt in The Rover at the RSC Stratford, as part of the company’s Swan Season.
The Two Noble Kinsmen will run from 17th August 2016 – 7th February 2017
followed by The Rover, from 8th September 2016 – 11th February 2017.
For more information on both productions, visit the RSC website.
'Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made'
Leander’s one-man-show Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made, played at the Edinburgh Festival 2015.
Press on Leander as Timmy Failure:
– “Leander Deeny acts out the tale adapted from Stephan Pastis’ picture book with infectious and unflagging high energy…the model of a children’s show, with real wit, high energy and infectious silliness” – 4 Stars – Gerald Berkowitz, The Stage
– “at the heart of this production was one engaging performer who gave it absolutely everything” – Lucy Blackburn, Primary Times