Khali trained at Rose Bruford, and was nominated for the Spotlight Prize in 2012.
He went straight on to perform in Choir Boy at the Royal Court, before taking on the regular role of Dexter in EastEnders, for which he won Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards 2014, and Best Newcomer at the Inside Soap Awards in 2013.
Khali has appeared in Goodnight Sweetheart (BBC), the short film I’m Dead, the feature film Show Dogs, and workshopped Tree, a collaboration with Bob & Co, and Idris Elba’s company Green Door.
Khali recently finished performing in Machinal at the Almeida Theatre.
Next year he will appear in Hold the Sunset on BBC1 and Endeavour on ITV
Reviews for Machinal at the Almeida are in!
- “Treadwell packs into that brief span an unforgettable portrait of a particular woman and of America itself as a hellishly dehumanised assembly line.” The Guardian
- “Treadwell’s play is pretty remarkable. Some expressionist playwrighting has dated into self-indulgence but her spare, percussive language frequently feels like it could have been written yesterday.” Time Out
- “Sophie Treadwell’s radical drama about a woman trapped in the hostile environment of a patriarchal society is a dazzling piece of work” Whats On Stage
- “Natalie Abrahami directs an impressive, powerfully disconcerting production of Sophie Treadwell’s remarkable Expressionist drama, first performed in New York in 1928.” The Independent
- “Machinal is the play that revived the reputation of the forgotten Treadwell in recent years. It’s a powerful indictment of modern dehumanising forces.” Londonist
- “Machinal does make a statement about how women are trapped by the society that they live in and restricted by the roles of wife and mother” Broadway World
- “The play emerges as tersely fascinating, without prompting much by way of an emotive response one way or the other” The Arts Desk
Khali has been cast in Machinal at the Almeida Theatre. Directed by Natalie Abrahami, it will be on 4 June – 21 July
Khali Best in 'Show Dogs'
Khali Best joins the cast of Show Dogs, an upcoming feature film directed by Raja Gosnell and produced by Open Road Films.
The film is due for release in 2018.
Khali Best in 'Tree'
Khali Best is cast to workshop Tree, a powerful new drama developed by Idris Elba, Tori Allen-Martin and Sarah Henley.
Khali Best wins at the IARA Wards 2016
Khali Best receives the award for Youngest Achievement in Film & Television at the International Recognition Achievement Awards 2016.
Khali Best in 'Goodnight Sweetheart'
Khali Best joins cast of Goodnight Sweetheart.
Khali will appear in the series pilot. Goodnight Sweetheart is a rebooted version of the hugely successful 90’s sitcom of the same name.
Khali recently wrapped the lead role of Kyle in short film Longfield Drive.
Longfield Drive is being produced by final year students at the prestigious Arts University Bournemouth.
For more information on the project, and to support the film, click here.
Khali played the guest lead in Doctors for the BBC.
The episode aired in January 2016.
Khali Best wins Best Newcomer at National Television Awards
Khali won the award for Best Newcomer at the National Television Awards 2014 for the role of Dexter in BBC’s EastEnders.
Khali Best wins Best Newcomer at Inside Soap Awards
Khali won the award for Best Newcomer at the Inside Soap Awards 2013 for the role of Dexter in BBC’s EastEnders.