David trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
He was Richard Turner in two series of Peak Practice for ITV and was Michael O’Donnell in two series of the highly acclaimed This Life. Other screen credits include Wallander, The Little House and Casualty.
David has worked extensively in theatre, including in Democracy at the Old Vic, The History Boys at the National Theatre, Squirrels at the Orange Tree Theatre and, most recently, in The Last Dance, at Frontier Theatre and the Bridewell Theatre.
Reviews in for 'The Last Dance'
David Mallinson starred as Peter in two-hander The Last Dance, directed by Harry Burton for Frontier Theatre.
The press on David and The Last Dance:
- “Mallinson and Faulker deliver tender and genuine performances…these are two actors who are real experts in the field of their performance…Simply brilliant” Connie Stride, A Younger Theatre
David Mallinson in 'The Last Dance'
David Mallinson is cast in The Last Dance, by Mitch Hooper, directed by Matthew Burton.
A two-hander, The Last Dance opens at Frontier Theatre on 20th October.
David Mallinson in 'Squirrells'
David Mallinson played the leading role of Arthur in David Mamet’s Squirrells, directed by Lewis Gray. The production played at the Orange Tree Theatre, as part of their annual director’s showcase.
The press on David and Squirrells:
- “three fine performances…with Mallinson in particularly commanding form.” Stuart Black, Londonist
- “Lewis Gray’s polished production proves entertaining thanks to well-honed interplay from David Mallinson and Peter McGovern” Boycotting Trends
- “David Mallinson and Peter McGovern are used to full potential and with fantastic full-bodied American voices which Mamet’s writing demands…Mallinson’s pitch-perfect Arthur” David Ralf, Exeunt
David Mallinson in 'Democracy'
David Mallinson played Helmut Schmidt in Michael Frayn’s Democracy. Paul Miller’s production first played at The Crucible, before transferring to the Old Vic, to great reviews.
The press on David Mallinson and Democracy:
- “David Mallinson stood out” Will Pond, What Culture
- “…and David Mallinson making the keenest impression” Evening Standard
- “David Mallinson’s gesticulating Helmut Schmidt…[adds] to the strength of the captivating cast” Kate Stanbury, Official London Theatre
- “there is fine support from…David Mallinson” Sam Smith, Londonist
- “David Mallinson…is very credible as Helmut Schmidt” John Murphy, Exeunt
- “it is a strong ensemble…David Mallinson’s eventual successor Schmidt…[excels] – There Ought To Be Clowns
- “David Mallinson as a dyspectic and envious Helmut Schmidt” Sheila Johnston, The Arts Desk
- “David Mallinson’s ambitious cabinet member Schmidt” Tom Lamont, The Observer